An article about Out-of-Home(OOH) in relation to digital marketing inspired me…
Challenges in Digital Sectors
Advertising in the digital market is never easy. As highlighted by Marc Pritchard of P&G, we are facing a number of challenges such as viewability, measurement and ad fraud.
Forward-thinking digital marketers intend to build brand and drive sales in more creative ways through new technologies and fast-evolving media routes, where viewability and other issues, like ad blocking, can be solved.
OOH Introduce Great Route
Out-of-Home(OOH) Ad reaches consumers traveling outside of their homes through public displays.
Craig’s mentioned in her article that, the growth of automated trading platforms are lowering the threshold of entry and clearing the old barriers, buying OOH has recently becomes efficient, easy to purchase, transparent and available in real-time.
Digital screen is an example of Digital-Out-of-Home (DOOH) which gains interest among digital marketers.
The functionality of the digital screen makes it stand out.
- Video/Audio Enablement – allowing advertisers to run short video and/or music creative in environments like city central (Eg. New York City: Times Square)
Image Source: Éric Guéguen
- Angle Recognition – the ability to deliver different creative messages to different target audience in different angles (Eg. ANAR Foundation “Only for Children” Ad )
Image Source: Pinterest
- Live Social Media Feeds – where a person can change the content on a screen by messaging through a social media channel (Eg. Telstra Billboard of Love)
Image Source: Rawideas
- Geo-targeting for Moving Media – targeting creative messages to specific parts of a town or city via digital taxi screens at the back seat (Eg. Interactive Experience for Uber/Taxi Passengers)
Image Source: Taxi Media Group
- A Wide Range of Other Functionality, Including – facial recognition, high fidelity day part targeting, temperature triggers…
The developments in OOH, particularly DOOH, requires digital marketers to sit up and take notice of this fast-evolving media – a media they are best positioned to leverage to their advantages.